1. What was your inspiration for this story? Its a bit complicated – my agent at the time I started it wanted me to go back & write another novel on lords & ladies. I didn’t want to do a Regency mainly cuz I was intrigued by Sherlock Holmes (RDJ movie version – with Jude Law as Watson) the movie where Sherlock talks about Watson’s walking stick & how it involved his military & Afghanistan. That got me researching and finding out about The Great War, which is Britain and Russia fighting in Afghanistan – it was all over Russia wanting to take the wealth of India from Great Britain.
2. Who is your favorite romance hero or heroine and what qualities do they possess that makes them memorable? Wow, I have many that I consider my favorite hero. One driving factor is they are complex characters, not just a role.
3. Who has been the greatest influence in your writing? Probably my significant other. He’s my greatest supporter, can push me even when he doesn’t know it and makes me dig deeper, making my characters greater in depth of complexity, making them more real. He makes me tap into my emotions, forming those feelings into words.
4. Do you have plans for a sequel to the book? Probably not; will probably write about this period, the late 19th century but probably not Tristan & Evelyn.
5. What is the most exciting/daredevil thing you’ve ever done? Probably working all summer as a living historian, firing cannons and entertaining guests at Vicksburg National Military Park – moving there, playing with explosives, etc.
6. What is your favorite amusement park ride? Rollercoaster. I was terrified of them when I was young but now they’re my favorite!
7. Tea or Coffee? Coffee
8. Boxers or briefs? (or Commando?) Boxers – they’re sexier than hell!
And now here the blurb and the gorgeous cover for Great and Unfortunate Desires:
Victorian England c. 1870
Operating as a British spy, Tristan St.James, the new Marquis of Wrenworth, barely escapes Afghanistan with his life in the spring of 1869. He plans to seek vengeance against the traitor who exposed him and for the agent he’s forced to kill. Returning to England, as a lord, he must marry. Haunted by guilt from the horrors of war, he avoids love at all costs, but finds himself drawn to the only woman who is disinterested in him.
Lady Evelyn Hurstine has waited over two years for the return of her love, a man who left for war in the East. But during that time, she suffered a brutal assault, resulting in a child and fear of any man touching her except for the man she once knew. The pursuit by the marquis scares her but her excuses against his proposal dwindle.
Their marriage strengthens into love until she discovers her husband isn’t the safety she believed but the one who killed the man she once loved. Caught in a world of intrigue and mayhem, Tristan must prove his love to her before the traitor destroys them both.
Great and Unfortunate Desires is available at
Amazon – http://amzn.to/10V8SeI
A USA Today Bestselling author, Gina Danna was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and has spent the better part of her life reading. History has always been her love and she spent numerous hours devouring historical romance stories, always dreaming of writing one of her own. After years of writing historical academic papers to achieve her undergraduate and graduate degrees in History, and then for museum programs and exhibits, she has found the time to write her own historical romantic fiction novels.
Now, under the supervision of her three dogs and three cats, she writes amid a library of research books, with her only true break away is to spend time with her other life long dream —her Arabian horse—With him, her muse can play.