Wanna do something exciting this February? Want to kick-start your writing for the new year? Well, if you live within driving distance of Virginia, you can do Romance the Write Way!
Just about a month from now, the Chesapeake Romance Writers chapter of RWA is hosting a writer’s conference, Romance the Write Way. It’s a one day conference, but we’ve packed in a ton of stuff–workshops, pitch appointments, 1st Pages critique, book signings,
a raffle, swag table, and the announcement of the winner of our “Finish the Damn Book”
Contest, and the first recipient of The Rudy.
The Romance the Write Way Conference will be held on February 9 at the Beth Sholom Village in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Our Conference hotel is the Holiday Inn & Suites in Norfolk (but only about 3 miles from the conference site) and they are offering suites to our participants at a fantastically low rate.
The conference registration of $25.00 for RWA members/$35.00 for non-RWA members includes:
- a workshop on writing, with historical romance writer, Laurin Wittig
- a panel of editors on publishing in today’s market
- a workshop on self-publishing
- the option of a 10 minute pitch session with one of four acquiring editors
- early bird registrants may submit your 1st 25 lines of a manuscript for critique by our editors.
We are located in the southwest corner of Virginia, but we’re an easy drive from North Carolina, Maryland and the DC area, and even Pennsylvania isn’t too far (we have a chapter member who lives there!). If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below.
Here’s hoping to see you there!