Welcome to Jenna’s Journal! I thought we’d ring in the new year with some auld lang syne, some memories of New Year’s Eves past.
My Five Top New Year’s Memories
1. 1st New Year’s Eve at Disney World. I’ve been to their fireworks display several times, but the first time I went it was so freakin’ bright I closed my eyes because I thought I was going to get a retina burn! LOL
2. 1st New Year’s With Baby. My daughter was born just a few days before New Year’s Eve and so the doctor decided to discharge me from the hospital on New Year’s Eve. We went home, stayed up until the ball dropped and went to bed. The next day we found out the hospital I’d been discharged from had caught on fire just hours after I’d left.
3. Moving Day. I moved in with my soon-to-be husband on New Year’s Eve. There was last minute packing and it got later and later. He kept calling me, insisting that I be in the house with him before the new year came. I made it with about 20 minutes to spare. We then celebrated with champagne.
4. Another New Year’s Eve at Disney World. This time my husband had broken his ankle and was in a wheelchair. We couldn’t get a motorized one that day, so I had to push him all over the park. Epcot does NOT lie on flat ground! And again, the fireworks were spectacular.
5. New Year’s Eve Party. My senior year in high school I decided to have a New Year’s Eve party. It ended up with about four kids showing up so we sat around and watched Dick Clark on TV and drank sparkling grape juice at midnight. I have not had a New Year’s Eve party since.
Leave me a comment below with your top New Year’s Eve memory and YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to be entered in our Grand Prize drawing as well as my own drawing for a signed print copy of my historical novel Only Scandal Will Do. (Mine includes international readers!)
Blurb for Only Scandal Will Do:
He has the woman of his dreams, but what price will he have to pay to win her heart?
Kidnapped and sold at auction in a London brothel, Lady Katarina Fitzwilliam squelches an undeniable attraction to the masked stranger who purchased her, pits her wits against him, and escapes him and the scandal that would ruin her life.
Unable to resist temptation in a London brothel, Duncan Ferrers, Marquess of Dalbury, purchases a fiery beauty. She claims she’s a lady, but how can she be? No lady of his acquaintance in polite society is anything like her. Then he discovers she is who she says, and that this latest romp has compromised her reputation. He knows how that is. One more scandal and he’ll be cast out of London society, but he needs a wife who’ll provide an heir to carry on his illustrious family’s name. He seeks out Katarina, intending only to scotch the scandal, but instead finds his heart ensnared. He’s betting their future he’ll capture her heart, but does he have what it takes to win the wager?
WARNING: A blade-wielding heroine who crosses swords with a master of sensuality.
We have THREE grand prizes. You as a reader can go to EACH blog and comment with your email address and be entered to win. Yep, you can enter over 200 times! And each author or blogger is giving away their own prize! So you have a chance at over 200 prizes!